• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Napolean Dynamite

ShotokanKid

How many loved this movie? How many thought it was boring? Everyone who has seen it either loved it or thought it was the most boring thing ever. I thought it was boring but I thought the Rex Kwon Do was the tipical McDojo type thing. It was kind of funny

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved it! So stupid that you've got to love it!

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

I didn't like it. There were a few funny parts, but overall it was a waste of time. The only problem is that the movie is very quotable. "Girls only want boyfriends with great skills. Like nunchuck skills, and bo staff skills."

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I thought it was pretty good, and I have the strange urge to watch it over and over again. And yes, extremely quotable.

"There's like a buttload of gangs at this school. This one gang kept trying to get me to join 'cause I'm pretty good with a bo staff."

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

"Tina eat your food. God!"

"Napolean, gimme some of your tots."

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

it's getting pretty bad since I've only seen it once

- Tao Te Ching

my sister liked it

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Loved it. Probably wouldn't have, but I know a person who looks and acts EXACTLY like Napoleon. Of course its a given: he gets a lot of flak for that...

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

I think we all know someone who reminds us of Napoleon. :P

This is funny because out of my group of four friends, two of us loved it and two of us didn't. The two that loved the movie always try to convince us of its funny qualities, and I understand why it might be really funny, but it just didn't make me laugh.

I really liked the Rex Kwon Do scene, though. I guess I appreciate it more now that I practice MA. :)

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

Yeah, the BOW TO YOUR SENSEI thing was pretty funny