• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Clonked yourself doing nunchaku?

Well, I haven't been instructed in using the nunchaku, but started practicing after I bought a wooden one in Italy some years ago.

All I can say is, that I guess you learn alot quicker with a hard wooden one, than if you were using a toy, like a foam nunchaku.

You really learn NOT to hit yourself, when using a wooden/steel nunchaku, and I think it's alot more fun, than a foam one, because of the hard surface!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah boy..I've hit myself quite a few times and ended up with nice little bruises everywhere. It only made me want to learn and train harder than ever.. :D

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

How many have done that? I've whacked my funny bone doing nunchaku.

Heh. Everyone who has trained with wooden nunchaku has done this. You can always tell by looking at their inner elbows. :)

I remember working with them, as an eager youngster, and trying to emulate Bruce Lee, using a set of hardwood nunchaku connected by a swivelling chain. I was actually building up a nice speed, until I heard a "thock" sound, and my mind instantly knew what had happened. Then came the fiery pain on the inner elbow.

OUCH!

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."