• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Clonked yourself doing nunchaku?

I hit myself in the head with a pair of octagonal wooden nunckaku with a chain in the middle. My head started bleeding, but I got it to stop and went on with life. My mother always told me I had a hard head

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it, I don't think there's a weapon yet that I haven't hit myself with at one time. Broke a toe with tonfa once going full force to spin downward and it slips from my hand. Been hit in the head a few times with a bo. The katana I'm really careful with and I can't think of any real injuries from it. Two person escrima drills tears up your fingers and knuckles. The nunchuku, of course, this weapon is just asking for problems. The sai, also with two person drills. The eku, haven't hit myself, but broke a mirror once (That's why the last seven years have been so rough, lol). Probably the worst one to catch yourself with is the kama... although the blades were guarded, it would've been very messy if they weren't.

Thought I'd just some up a few of my disasters. I love kobudo!!! Everyone gets hit with weapons when you start. Learn from it and move on. Mastering a weapon is a great feeling of accomplishment.

"On Ko Chi Shin"

I hit myself in the head with a pair of octagonal wooden nunckaku with a chain in the middle. My head started bleeding, but I got it to stop and went on with life. My mother always told me I had a hard head

That's a funny story... sorry to hear about your head.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

At my school we never practice with foam Nunchaku. If we clonk ourselves on the head once or twice with the Nunchaku, we'll learn not to do THAT again, and pay attention to form. I learned this lesson myself very quickly from the first minute I picked up the nunchaku. I swung them back and clocked myself right behind the ear. OUCH!!! That one spot hurt for at least 2 weeks after that, but you know, I HAVEN"T done that again!

i would do that but im self teaching so i think my mum would get kinda annoyed at the bits of skin and bone lying round the place after a practicing session

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour

I've done it a few times; thankfully I use practice sets with neoprene instead of wood or steel.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I was practicing with foam tonite... good thing they were foam.... clocked my self in the head and all these different places.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

i've not only nailed myself about with the nunchaku a few times, but i've broken two over head lamps and put a hole in the wall. my parents don't let me train indoors anymore :P

i've hurt myself with every weapon i've trained with, including the sword, for the first time a few weeks ago. an ultra stupid mistake of stabbing myself in the hand while resheathing. let that be a lesson not to let your technique get sloppy, folks.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

i did the same with the lights, getting glass out of carpet is so annoying! what were your chuck made of?

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour

wood. the carpet's not so bad, it's removing the glass shards embedded in the handle that sucks. i ended up just buying a new pair.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai