• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Clonked yourself doing nunchaku?

How many have done that? I've whacked my funny bone doing nunchaku.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done it. (I still do it, but only very rarely)

I learned with a pair of wooden nunchaku. Our instructor was a firm believer in the "school of hard knocks".

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Lol

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I have done the same thing several times, also with wooden octagon nunchaku. The nunchaku is a very deadly weapon... to the person who uses it... lol

"On Ko Chi Shin"

im just starting out with a pair of foam ones, fair enough to the school of hard nocks but ultimatly i dont want a hole in the back of my head.

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour

I've wacked myself a couple of times also. thats no fun when that happens! years after i had learned to use nunchaku, my friends and I were outside in my backyard and they were watching me doing some fast nunchaku stuff when the chucks slipped out of my hand and hit my friend right in the stomach from about ten feet away! luckily, he wasn't hurt. He never would come around me again if he saw that I was practicing nunchaku!

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

Yup!

I have done this many times, but not with Nunchaku, but Tonfa. And I have also been shot with a couple of 'dummy' arrows as well.

OK that sounds a bit confusing, let me explain.

I wanted to test my speed, well my uncle wanted to test my speed as he has high hopes for me in MA. So he constructed a bamboo bow complete with bamboo arrows, he used blunt bamboo arrows and the bow was quite weak so it didn't kill me. He stood about 4 meters away (Before you ask I was wearing safety goggles) And he fired at me and I had to block them with head blocks and knee blocks (Karate).

The cool summer breeze passes me by.

I have done this many times, but not with Nunchaku, but Tonfa. And I have also been shot with a couple of 'dummy' arrows as well.

OK that sounds a bit confusing, let me explain.

I wanted to test my speed, well my uncle wanted to test my speed as he has high hopes for me in MA. So he constructed a bamboo bow complete with bamboo arrows, he used blunt bamboo arrows and the bow was quite weak so it didn't kill me. He stood about 4 meters away (Before you ask I was wearing safety goggles) And he fired at me and I had to block them with head blocks and knee blocks (Karate).

So you were simply trying to block rather than get out of the way and block? Sounds awfully Darwinian to me.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

That's really strange... you can't easily block a punch, it's better to dodge