• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Additional instructor qualifications.

I was just wondering if anyone has supplemented their martial arts knowledge with other areas? In this I mean: Certified Fitness Trainer, Cert. Nutritionist, CPR cert., etc.

Has it helped you with getting new students?

Has it helped you as an instructor with training your students?

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello? Is this thing on? Have no other instructors supplemented there martial arts knowledge with anything?

Oh well.

I always keep my CPR and First Aid certification up to date. This can only help when teaching and training the arts, as injuries are an unfortunate side effect of good training.

"On Ko Chi Shin"

Ok, I'll jump in here. I'm not an instructor, but I'll answer you anyways.

In my TSD dojang, it was required for all BB's to get certified in CPR. I was certified anyways, just because I wanted to be.

As far as I go (when I do get to that point), I do want to be a Certified Fitness Trainer.

I can't answer your other two guestions, though. As me when I open my dojang in a few years LOL.

Laurie F

I guess I should have set it as those who are also considering becoming instructors.

I have always felt that CPR is a must and getting a CPT and Cert. Nut, is also very nice to have.

KK1075, thanks for answering anyway.

I have the following additional training:

Over 500 hours in accupressure / massage from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine Certified by the college. Included classes in anatomy and physiology. Took classes in sport therapy Tui Na (chinese accupressure)

Competed Fitness Trainer course, but didn't take the certification test- just wanted the knowledge.

Flexibility training, and study many other topics on my own.

Background in hard sciences including Physics

Yes, it makes you a better instructor.

Our school requires a minimum of 3rd Dan, a First Aid Certificate and having been trained to teach.

Being able to teach is another grading in itself

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

I have a Instructors certificate, CPR, AED, and First Aid.

"There is a time in every mans education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse,... " Emerson

86years in the making..... Red Sox World Champs.....

• 4 weeks later...

Actually this is a good question, as there are now motions to have every instructor here go on a coaching course and become a qualified coach. My background is in physical education and so I'm qualified in Aerobic Instruction and also Gym instruction... doesn't really help me get new students. Although it does kind of make the parents more comfortable...

--

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.