• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What the ...........

kotegashiNeo

I would best explain it as two techniques became one . . . I think the sensation and zen are related

Hi there,

I think that it is related to deep meditation - i.e. on a physical and spiritual level. I think that it is when the ego begins to disappear. Many artists feel like this. When they are 'lost' or 'absorbed' in what they are doing only to find that it is not a mindless loss but rather quite an awareness.

In a philosophical way, I suggest you read "The Zen Teachings of Bodhidharma" which you can download from . . .

http://hjem.get2net.dk/civet-cat/zen-writings/teachings-of-bodhidharma.htm

Peace and love

Anu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you I believe that is what happened I am student of zen as well and this is my first taste of deeper understanding that many have spoke of thanks for your help.

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

i am probably a rookie in relation to you big guns...but i thought id make a suggestion. one of the laws of kata we are taught is that the moves should flow through and from one another...like a cycle of energy in the kata...i think maybe rather than it being related to ki and chi, you have peformed the kata much better than you might have done before and reached a new level in your kata training...as the goal is to perform without thinking and without emotion...the point being the reflexes become inate in the street......what im trying to say is, maybe its the advancement in your kata training rather than chi development although they are probably linked :)

"Life is a journey, not a destination"

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless"

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do"

Yeah, you're rightalso. But no big guns here. In fact nothing here! That's precisley the point. When you let go of form and everything else, one arrives at a situaition where "it" just happens. That's what I'm saying.

Kool ;) Fair point and so true

"Life is a journey, not a destination"

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless"

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do"