• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Try throwing both hand up towards there face while moving when have just evaded and found an opening. They will flinch back and let them have a stomp kick to the upper thigh. It will drop them on their rump. Make sure your hands are extended far enough in front of not to be open for an uppercut or straight punch. Your arms should slightly bent to shield you from hooks. It's very effective, but don't use it too much.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good maneuver for an Instructor on a young student. When i was a kid, i remember an Instructor - that was very large - would just move his front hand over like that and just leave it there, waiving, until you looked at it. After a couple seconds of this everyone would eventually look, and if you didn't, he'd hit you with that hand.

i agree though, that a feint would work better in a tournament, or against a skilled fighter, but this slight distraction works well against a newer fighter.

Too much of that will get you caught, same as the 45 degree jump kick.

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen

Don't make it a faint, make it an attack. If he doesn't fall for the faint your in trouble, but if your faint is an attack it won't matter. Usually people who use too many faints rely on your reaction to the faints. When someone faints, attack!. They are not expecting an attack they are expecting you to flinch. Make your flinches into strikes and also take their space.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 3 weeks later...

i always try looking down with my eyes and slightly raising my leg, sometimes lifting it to knee height and then punching.

im sorry but if you did this i would have gone in for a tackleto the ground with your being off balance and all.

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

the typical kickboxer, if he sees you looking down, will throw a punch at you.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

A little quirk I picked up from my boxing friend, try a little bit of head movement and fake moving in with your head leading. (a head fake) If really confused the other guys I train with.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I find that changing direction suddenly works better for me.

If all else fails try shouting "Quick! Look behind you!! "

Well.. there might be someone out there who is gullable enough for it to work on.... :P

I think that the person who would fall for that goes to my dojo. He's 14 and a nice kid, it's just he's very gullable and easily led. One time Sensei said to him "your shoelaces are undone"... and he looked to check, even though he was barefoot.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!