• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not that awesome but I used in on Monday and it worked pretty well, when sparring, shoot our an open hand to the side. They will usually get distracted and look at it. During that time of temporary panic and confusion, attack straight in. Try this out and tell me what you think.

Have a nice day :wink:

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds kinda simplistic.. to the point where it might actually work.. :lol: I doubt it'd work more than once though, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work on high belts...

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

that's really no different from feinting. However, if you are just shooting your hand out to the side, you are also open during that time... I'd rather feint a strike, for example, fent a high attack to get their attention/guard up, then attack low.

Not that awesome but I used in on Monday and it worked pretty well, when sparring, shoot our an open hand to the side. They will usually get distracted and look at it. During that time of temporary panic and confusion, attack straight in. Try this out and tell me what you think.

Have a nice day :wink:

Been doing that for 40 years. Works great, glad you have discovered it.

Try doing the Muhamid Ali foot shuffle. That works too. People think you are mental but it works Haha!!!

Also learn to launch dummy attacks. Fake kicks and punches.

Try suddenly stepping side ways and then back again that confuses people. Any unsual movement is good prior to launching an attack.. creatively is the key. There are no rules in this. Just fool them

Another way is to reach forward and cover their eyes with your hand. You have to be fast to do this

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Interesting...not sure how practical against skilled opponents...but interesting...

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

I think I saw that in a Jet Li or Jackie Chan movie once...I don't remember which.

As JeetKuneDo said, I'm not sure how effective that would be against skilled opponents. If you have that much time to mess around, you might as well go in for the kill (so to speak).

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Those techniques work brilliantly. But you need to be skilled and fast.

I am not talking like you are sitting around waiting for things to happen, I am talking about reacting that way in the heat of a full blown exchange. Thats the hard part and requires skill.

Its get up around sandan technique and something to work on or at least think about

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

I find that that particlar distraction works well when simultaneously doing a low level attack.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

Those techniques work brilliantly. But you need to be skilled and fast.

I am not talking like you are sitting around waiting for things to happen, I am talking about reacting that way in the heat of a full blown exchange. Thats the hard part and requires skill.

Its get up around sandan technique and something to work on or at least think about

Well, I think assigning a rank to that technique or even just a very broad range (for example, between shodan and yondan) is kind of arbitrary. I don't see the point in that.

Regardless, if you are already in a full-blown exchange, I wouldn't recommend doing a distraction in that manner which leaves you so open. As Sevenstar said, a feint would be far safer and more effective.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/