• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How you've dealt with verbal things

I usually just ignore people but sometimes I laugh with them at myself because then, it doesn't hurt at all. How have you dealt with verbal things?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say ignoring it is the best technique.. Laughing with them works too, if nothing else, probably confuses the heck outa them :P.

Of course, remember, there is a certain point where any kind of verbal harrasment crosses the line, where these techniques are either not effective or even a good idea... you don't need to be a verbal punching bag. (keep in mind though, this isn't free reign to beat the pulp outa them.. find other ways around it first, if possible)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

I let things go...insults do not bother me unless they are coming from somebody I respect.

Also helps when you're more intelligent than the person trying to insult you...

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

Don't let those kind of people see what's inside you. Don't let words get to you and even if it does, don't let them see it. You are the immovable mountain.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Sometimes it's interesting to return an insult with one so obviously vile that anyone with any self respect would get physical. Especially if you sense the insults are coming from a person who's accustomed to fighting with their mouth anyway.

Just have eyes in the back of your head before you practice this technique...*eg*

Most people only insult others becuase they have low self esteem. Keep this in mind when recieving an insult. however, if it persists, you can either ignore it, go along with it or reverse it. i usually just remind them of their low self esteem and leave it at that.

'yea, you may be right. i might be ______. you have really low self esteem'

stuff like that.

• 1 month later...

Actualy, its kind of funny how I deal with verbal things. I just joke back, usualy unless they really offend me I just react with humor, because they are just sad little things anyway and shouldn't be taken seriously. If I hear something, I just look directly into their eyes with a straight face and say 'Your words hurt me profoundly, why do you say these hurtful things?' they don't know what to say back, or at least I haven't gotten a coherent response yet.

Ju Jitsu

Kenpo

Pressure Point Fighting

Capoeira

Actualy, its kind of funny how I deal with verbal things. I just joke back, usualy unless they really offend me I just react with humor, because they are just sad little things anyway and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I agree totally.

-Bran

Through the night, a raven's schrill cry,

The wind, caressed by darkness, howls through the sky.

The stars in the heavens look upon the corrupt world below,

And as mankind's laid to rest, their fate they do not know.