• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the only people that i know of who train/perform in the traditional chinese outfit are wushu guys.

all other places i've been to suggest (not insist on) the normal black kung fu trousers (with the extra panel/patch between the legs for 'room to move) but anything that we feel comfortable moving in would be fine.

i agree. anything comfortable to work out in would be best. but suffice it to say, having a kf suit would be a nice aesthetic addition..

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We have a traditional chinese kung-fu uniform, made of silk with the club-logo and a "made in Korea" patch attached onto it. The silk used is tough and I've never heard or seen anyone breaking his/her uniform. We do some pretty hard drills, but there are no marks of b-class materials here.

I also find this kung-fu uniform much more comfortable than my old hoijeonmoosool uniform, which is cotton and quite surely your traditional budo uniform (karate, taekwondo, hanmoodo anyone?). I know one Wing tsun practitioner who is very happy with their clothing: club-trousers and a t-shirt.

As a side-comment; one of my friends has practiced kung-fu and has a white uniform nearly similar to mine. It's quite cool to be honest although white is chinese colour for funerals. But who cares about their culture anyway? "Their" being those bamboo-eating sickly yellowish apes. :wink:

The system I currently train in is called Shaolin Kung-fu. I'm not been into this stuff/art long enough to tell you our focus. It might be more wushu-like, but from what I've seen it also could be more self-defence/combat related. There are pretty high kicks in, but then again we also practice some quite dirty tricks. In overall I'm quite new to the Chinese martial arts, so please don't hunt me down if I keep telling you utter and full bogus.

The point in my answer was merely to comment the issue of "comfortable training uniform". I'm non-US and have always had my stuff and toys from our club.

But who cares about their culture anyway? "Their" being those bamboo-eating sickly yellowish apes.

damn that's harsh :dodgy:

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous