• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My Tournament

vertigo

Just figured I'd share my day with everyone :)

One of the best karate experiences yet! :) It was a blast...

My kata went well... although I still really don't have Heian Nidan down too much, I still managed to pull a 2-2 record (didn't qualify for final round) in our 10-7kyu kata competition.

Kumite went much better! I was rather surprised, I ended up with fourth place in 10-7kyu division. Our club really represented here, taking 1st-4th place. Only thing that went a little awry in kumite: in my second match, I dropped back in to a downward block, and forgot to indicate before attacking! :o I am very glad I was aiming above my opponents head, not at it.

So no medals for me, but a great overall experience. It was a blast. (other than when I was warming up for kumite, I managed to elbow strike my drawing wrist right on a bone.. full speed :roll: left a nice bruise)

:karate:

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Was it your firstr time competing? Sounds like a good first experience, overall. Every other time you'll be more comfortable. Congrats. :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

good to hear that you had fun

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Good stuff vertigo! Glad you had fun and did well.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

It is very good to have a great first experience. I've seen a lot of karateka have a bad time and never compete again.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

No problems there.. I already signed up for my next tournament in a month :) Now I just need to get my kata down better :idea:

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot