• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Slaughtered By Sensei?

I've never sparred with any of the instructors, but I have been demonstrated on quite a bit. I have seen the top two instructors, Master Jim (8th Degree) and Mister John (6th Degree) spar full-on before. Quite a sight to see.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, thats what i was saying (this is in responce to the guy who responded to me). I meant that if you do get hurt thats fine, but not to the extent were one person isn't prepared or the sensei is taking advantage of someone, or an idea of revenge is ever placed. The point I was trying to get across was that people shouldn't consider "getting back at their senseis"

*do not strive to aquire what you want, but strive to want what you have already aquired*

*DO not strive to win, but strive to improve*

Where in the forum did you get the feeling that people want to get back at their senseis, martialman101?

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• 2 weeks later...
My sensei crippled my fingers o_O

i think it was more my fault though CFing...

KBear

"lick your wounds, anxious for the next ones"

Well, the most serious fight with my sensei was my first, when my guard was almost always down, and my sensei kicked me in the ribs, neck, and solar plexus multiple times. I was seeing stars during the entire fight, LOL.

I have sparred two of my sensei in a tournament. The first sparring match with my age equal sensei was easy, he did not go all out on me, so I ended up beating him. But then I had to spar another one of sensei that is about three years older then me. He did not cut me any slack. No Sir! By the end of the match, I ended up getting a black eye, jammed thumb, and a scratch. That took me out of sparring, good thing to, the next person I was up to spar with would have been my Elder Sensei and he would have kick my butt into the next galaxy. He gives it to you full, nothing is too much when it comes to fighting.

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

Dear God...

I got my orange belt yesterday AND my sparring gear. I haven't sparred yet, but I have class tomorrow, so I might. With everything I've been hearing (and seeing) with regard to sparring, I can't help but be a little freaked out. *tremble*

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

I do it all the time. My sensi just smacks us around, but no serious injuries. Bumps, bruises, cuts (I got one on my tounge last night :) ) but I don't think anyone's been hurt too bad.

:o You got cut on the tongue? I'm almost afraid to ask how that happened...

"Know Thyself"