• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Slaughtered By Sensei?

Have any of you had to face Sensei in a sparring match, or has he/she used you in demos, only to end up injuring you?

If so, tell, tell!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've faced my sensei before, I didn't get injured though. Sorry nothing interesting like that. We do a Sanchin test for our black belt test.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Well there are a couple of different answers. Once when I was younger, and too cocky, I was humbled.

Another time when I was discouraged, I was allowed to score a hit or two. And then there was the time I left my back hand a little too low and...

I have never been injured by any of my instructors, I have been put in the "hurt locker" many times, but never injured. I have been fortunate enough to train with instructors with control.

An instructor should never intentionally harm a student, it would be like a rancher using his cattle for target practice!

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

Been pulled up for demos once or twice, can't say I enjoy the experience. I've fought Sensei sparring and grappling. Once there was the occasion where I tried to fight him when he was showing my friend a technique....ow....bad idea....but never had any lasting damage.

I've broken my Sensei's wrist, though.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Oh and yeah, Sanchin testing is killer. Our sensei's don't go as hard on me since I'm smaller than the guys, but I dread getting the shoulder/back muscles banged. It makes me feel like a baby being shaken to death! :-P

Do not fear pain, for when you feel pain you know you are still alive.

I sparred my Tang Soo Do instructor a few times, but he didn't hurt me. He is the type to not only show you or tell you what to do, but he got right in there with us and trained. I was a beginner at the time, so he was giving pointers while I sparred with him. He would "tap" me in the ribs if I dropped my hands, though.

Laurie F

Yes, our sensei also spars with the students...

And most of the time he asks me to do some stick-attacks, for the ilbo-taeryon...

Run, don't walk....

Tae-Kwon-Do Pre-Black Belt

Assistant Instructor

Sorry, I don't remember the exact translation for Sensei, so I'll give an answer for Master AND Head Instructor.

Never sparred a Master, but sparred the Head Instructor with mixed success. However, the Head Instuctors are now not as far ahead of me, so I'm holding my own. :wink:

I've been demonstrated upon by both Masters, and even the Grandmaster once. While none have ever "injured" me, one is a little more rough than the others. I have heard he injured a few in the past, but he's much better now. :D

"The Pain Locker" :lol: I Like that.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.