• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Power of a punch, kick in MA ...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Right, running away is the best option, but it doesn't always work. What if you were kidnapped? You might have to fight off someone in an enclosed area where you can't run, like a car. :o o_O that would be weird.....

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?

hes not in for the reasons you are . big deal . i agree with you on doing to your best ability.

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

While we're on the subject of being attacked. I was just wondering who here has trained in close-quarters self defense?

What would happen if you were attacked in a phone booth, or restroom stall? Having a limited range of motion can severely hamper your technique. Just something to think about, being prepared for as many situations as possible. Also, is there anyone who trains in knife defense?

I have had training in both situations, although it is nice to have the knife defense, if there is a weapon involved you should always try everything you can to get away. Allthough, there may be a situation that you cannot get away, and again, it's best to be prepared for as many situations as possible.

"On Ko Chi Shin"

While we're on the subject of being attacked. I was just wondering who here has trained in close-quarters self defense?

What would happen if you were attacked in a phone booth, or restroom stall? Having a limited range of motion can severely hamper your technique. Just something to think about, being prepared for as many situations as possible. Also, is there anyone who trains in knife defense?

I have had training in both situations, although it is nice to have the knife defense, if there is a weapon involved you should always try everything you can to get away. Allthough, there may be a situation that you cannot get away, and again, it's best to be prepared for as many situations as possible.

My limited close-quaters training has been strikes to "soft" targets-eyes, groin, kness, whatever you could reach while trying your best to defend your "soft" areas....sounds a bit simple, but the best things often are.

Goes with the K.I.S.S. idea--Keep It Simple Stupid :karate:

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei