• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lineage

I knew my lineage in TSD real good. Go to https://www.imahq.net to check it out :)

This one is a bit tricky. He is a 7th dan in Moo duk kwan Taekwondo, but I can't prove it (8th dan in WTF TKD .... that's easy to prove). BUT we also learn a bit of kung fu with our style and I found this with my research:

http://www.sussexkungfu.34sp.com/introduction.htm

http://home.wanadoo.nl/info-kungfu-supply/shigaocan/new_zealand.htm

Master Quek is my master's ungle. That's my master's last name, too (Spelled with a K instead of a Q). I know that because he told us the story and I didn't believe him till I researched it.

I feel like a dope for not believing him LOL

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I Think mine is this.

Bruce Lee --> Guru Dan Inosanto --> Mel Corrigan --> ME!

Im not a 100% sure but im pretty sure that is mine. I gathered this info because of this

" Mel is a certified instructor under World Famous Guro Dan Inosanto in Kali (Philipino Martial Arts) and Jun Fan Gung Fu (Bruce Lees Martial Arts)."

Wouldn't this make me a 3rd generation Bruce Lee student?

Lineage is very important to me.

My primary lineage from Nahate:

China>Naha "Bushi" Sakiyama>Shinkichi Kuniyoshi>Shigero Nakimura>Seikichi Odo>Dean Stevens>Me

My Shurite goes something like:

Tode Sakugawa>Soken "Bushi" Nakumura>Kohan Oyadomari>Chotoku Kyan>Seiki Toma>Seikichi Odo>Dean Stephens>Me

As well as...

Tode Sakagawa>Kosaku Matasumora>Koho Kuba>Seikichi Odo>Dean Stephens>Me

Lineage is a laundry list of artists who devoted their lives to preserve and refine the art that I practice. If proof is in the pudding then this is the history of the pudding.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

I think it is good to know where your style comes from. Lineage isn't everything, but I believe it can be an important thing.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

My lineage:

Tode Sakugawa

Sokon "Bushi" Matsumura

Nabi "Bushi" Matsumura

Osensei Hohan Soken

Sensei Yuichi Kuda

Dennis Miller/Greg Ohl/James Knoblett/Larry Mason

Me

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"