• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Gathering of Friends Part II

Shorinryu Sensei

So far, the only confirmed person with an airline ticket is Shorin Ryuu. If anybody's scared of the camping idea, not a problem. Most likely we'll be staying at my house during the visit, but I'd like to take whoever comes up through Glacier Park on Saturday the 25th. It's spectacular!

We'll have several sharing/training sessions.

Do you suppose people are afraid of Montana in general? Hey people, we have indoor plumbing, TV, cell phones...everything that anyplace else has (no, we aren't still fighting the Indians up here :roll: ) except the huge volumes of people.

If anybody has any questions about Montana, me, or anything else, just post it here or PM me. I promise not to laugh at you if you ask questions like "Do grizzly beaars actually kill people in Montana?" :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you suppose people are afraid of Montana in general? Hey people, we have indoor plumbing, TV, cell phones...

Showers?

:D

Do you suppose people are afraid of Montana in general? Hey people, we have indoor plumbing, TV, cell phones...

Showers?

:D

It all goes with the indoor plumbing Patrick...yes, we have showers. :P Camping was an option if people were interested in that. If not, that's OK with me also.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• 4 weeks later...

Well folks, two weeks from yesterday, Shorin Ryuu will brave the wilds of NorthWest Montana and hopefully, we're going to have a GREAT time learning from one another!

June 24th-26th we hope to have a great time getting to know each other and share ideas and concepts. For all of those that aren't coming (which is everybody else on the forum, yes...we're going to talk about you all! :D

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Wait a sec, am I still invited?

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Wait a sec, am I still invited?

No invite needed...just let me know you're coming...and come! More than welcome! :)

Just one week and a day till I'm on a jet plane from North Carolina (where I will be seeing a few posters from here, apparently) to Montana.

I look forward to meeting Shorinryu Sensei and Sauzin...and having them show me how much experience always trumps youth and exuberance...

At any rate, it looks like it will be a fun time. I'm sure I will impress them with my ability to...um...talk big, or something.

I hope you all are looking forward to pictures of me in Stars and Stripes gi wielding a toothpick bo in one hand and nunchuks in the other. Bonus points for a headband, even.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Shorin-ryu sensei is the guy with all the experience. I'm sure he's going to be schooling both of us. I have a very similar background to Shorn-ryuu. I've enjoyed close instruction by a couple of very knowledgeable people and have advanced very quickly for my age and experience. Perhaps too quickly in my case. Unfortunately I have a bit more theory then I do application, but the application is slowly catching up. Still I've only been doing this for about 8 1/2 years and I'm only 26 years old. It's going to be a learning experience for me for sure.

As of right now the plan is still on to drive up there. Things like the state of my job and finances have been a bit unstable and if I lost my job tomorrow (which is entirely possible) I doubt I could afford the gas money. As of right now though, we (my girlfriend and I) are a go for leaving Friday morning and returning Sunday eve.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

Well I'll be darned. I always pictured you as some sort of older guy. Not quite an old geezer like Shorinryu Sensei who needs a walker to cross the dojo floor to whack me, but not a young-un like myself either.

Um, now I'M still invited, right?

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/