• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Gathering of Friends Part II

Shorinryu Sensei

Hi again all. With Patrick's permission, I am basically restarting the "Gathering of Friends" thread, but asking for your help here.

The other thread has gotten entirely to long with posts like "I'd like to come, but I can't." sort of comments and is 7 pages long now. What I would like to request from people reading this, is to please not respond if you'd like to come, but can't, but rather leave this thread open for those that are truly interested and want more information on the "Gathering of Friends 2005".

This is what we have so far.

Where: Kalispell, Montana USA

When: June 24th - 26th.

"The Plan". Nothing really planned as of right now, but I'm thinking of a campout/exchange of ideas/workout in Glacier National Park, weather permitting. The one thing about Montana is that you can't ever count on the weather, especially in the middle of the Rocky Mountains. It could be 80 degrees, or it could be snowing. :o Yes...it could be snowing in June still. However, as it looks right now, we are having the 5th driest winter on record, but that could change rapidly. BTW, camping in Glacier Park isn't that big of a deal. Bring a tent, sleeping bag and whatever else you deem necessary (guns are NOT allowed in the Park) for camping out. There are no showers (a VERY cold lake though :brow: ), but there are bathrooms.

In case of bad weather, we can all crash at my house and workout at a gymnastics school that I know of. All expenses are up to each individual, as I'm just offering to host this "Gathering", not fund or support it. Costs will be minimal outside of getting here unless you have special food requirements (protein shakes anyone?). I strongly recommend that you have health insurance "just in case" and I will not be held liable for any injury or misfortune that happens to you on your way here, while here, or on your return trip. Let's be adults here people.

Again, let's please use this thread for those of us that are actually being able to come to this gathering. Hopefully, this will be a yearly event! Those of you that would like to possibly host one of your own in the UK or somewhere other than in Montana, please start your own threads on the subject. :karate:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barring any strange circumstance or unfortunate event, I should be there. I'm waiting to buy plane tickets until I coordinate another trip I have in the making to reduce travel time.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

And very happy to have you coming Shorin Ryuu...anybody else?

Hmmmm..suppose I scared everybody off with comments about snow in June, and grizzly bear? :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Excellent you two! If there's any information you need or that I can help you with (besides paying your way here :lol: ), let me know.

I will be there as well. Sounds like an excellent opportunity for a small road trip.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

I will be there as well. Sounds like an excellent opportunity for a small road trip.

GREAT! It's going to be a small group, but I think a quality one. Anything I can do to help (besides flying you here in my private jet of course :roll: )..let me know.