• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

muscle gained by a striking art.

If I was doing kickboxing, muay thai or boxing it would obviously put less mucles on me than weightlifting and probobly you would have less fat doing kcikboxing, muay thai or boxing. My question is that how much mucles would you gain compaired to wightlifting. Ive sacraficed some weight training to get in (Hmm how do you spell that word?)somemore bagwork. but i still want to get big. not huge but big. What if I was onely doing a striking art and not weghtlifting.

also im doing weight workouts 2X a week now instead of 4X (I replaced the other days with bagwork). will this empare my muscle growth?

could the bag work replace the workouts im missing?

My fists are fire,

My arms are brimstone,

My legs are steel,

My heart is the furnace.

Rock--5ft'6 160lbs 15yrs old

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

also im doing weight workouts 2X a week now instead of 4X (I replaced the other days with bagwork). will this empare my muscle growth?

could the bag work replace the workouts im missing?

This part in the quotes sounds like a reasonable workout for someone who is 15. Bag work does not replace weightlifting, but will make you more rounded in terms of having strength, speed, coordination, and cardio.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

i think you should comine the both do the bag work on the days you are not doing the weight training but do make sure you have at least 1 day of rest durning the week and if you do train 5 or 6 days work on different parts of the body on different days with the weights so you have time to rest.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

bagwork won't get you big. If you are doing serious bagwork - it will actually do the opposite, because you will be burning lots of calories. However, lifting 2 days a week is fine - you're only 15...

what is your current bag schedule? why don't you combine them as opposed to keeping them separate? Then, you can hit the bag twice a week and still lift 4 days.

because I go to school.

should i do bag work twice on saturday or somthing?

or do them on both saturday and sunday. but then I wouldent have many rest days (onely wendsday) and wouldent 2 bag days back to back be detramental.

My fists are fire,

My arms are brimstone,

My legs are steel,

My heart is the furnace.

Rock--5ft'6 160lbs 15yrs old

school? lol... work around it. we all have lives, but still find time to train - if that's what we really want to do. I work a full time job and have a family...

split the time. For example, if you spend two hours on the bag, do an hour on the bag and an hour on the weights. two back to back bag days aren't detrimental to anything. you can train ANYTHING daily, if done in the right context to do so. I lift weights daily. The key is lack of soreness. If the lactic acid buildup is so great that you are sore, you need to rest. if you're not sore, you're fine.

the problem you will run into by doing bagwork everyday will be time and variation - if your time is limited and you do bagwork everyday, then you may not have time to spar, shadowbox, etc. you need to lay out a training program based on what you are wanting to train and the time you have available for it.

• 1 month later...

It's spelled sacrifice. Anyway, being 15, you're better off doing MT and lifting a little, in my opinion, because you are starting early and building the SKILLS for fighting (I wish I had that early) and you will be building an excellent muscular base to build serious bulk on later when you're a bit older. By all means keep it up.