• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wing Chun and Wing Tsun differences.

so you didn't bother to find leung ting's own site and read from there?

do you usually stop after finding one website?

http://www.leungting.com/eng/index.htm

http://www.ewtodanmark.dk/

there's two sites that should be a good start for you to read and get an idea of how things work in wing tsun. go look for sites on wing chun (and other spellings) and see what you can find. then maybe you'll have better questions instead of 'what are the differences' which is more or less asking us to do the work for you.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you didn't bother to find leung ting's own site and read from there?

I wrote "wing tsun/wing chun" and "wing tsun" in google. I didnt try writing "leung ting".

do you usually stop after finding one website?

No. I looked at 2 or 3 other wepsites too, but didnt find the answers to my questions there either. The one I gave you was one I was just about finished with.

there's two sites that should be a good start for you to read and get an idea of how things work in wing tsun.

Thanks.

then maybe you'll have better questions instead of 'what are the differences'

I did try to be more precise in my last post. "what tekniques WC has that WT doesnt have?"

which is more or less asking us to do the work for you.

How so? I was asking the WT/WC students or people that knows what these styles are about. If thats not you then this post wasnt really refered to you.

Why are you being so hostile? Most of the posts i have seen with you have had some hostile elements. why?

Thaegen please explain how you feel WT is more aggressive than WC.

I will only say this if your WC/WT is not realistic and combat oriented you need to find someone who teaches it that way. There are many out there who do not teach it that way because they believe it will scare potential students away that they have to teach to the 90% that walk in the door and don't want that kind of training. Not necessarily bad but definitely different.

Wing Chun Kuen Alliance

https://www.wing-chun.us

I know for a fact that a lot of the techniques that exist in the Wing Chun that I practice do not exist in Wing Tsun, and most Wing Chun schools that I have researched. Some people know this and they call it simplification. This does not mean ineffective or bad, just simplified. Oversimplified? Standardised? Maybe? Who knows, I don't want to argue over this matter. If it works for you and you are happy then there is no problem with what you practice.

The fact that the WC see that I practice has more techniques and takes longer to get to instructor may have a lot to do with the fact that the branch of WC that I practice belongs to a mainland china lineage and not a Hong Kong one. And I am not saying that mine is good and yours is bad.

KungFuMan

Only time and commitment will make your Traditional "style" good and give you real knowledge.

"Marry" your chosen system as opposed to just flirting with it.

Make it your partner for life and you will see how well and how complete it really is.

I know for a fact that a lot of the techniques that exist in the Wing Chun that I practice do not exist in Wing Tsun, and most Wing Chun schools that I have researched.

You it is funny I hear that all the time. I don't believe it for a second. It is all there all you have to do is look hard enough and you will find it in Wing Chun, Wing Tsun or however you spell it, it is whether you opt to employ it.

Wing Chun Kuen Alliance

pvwingchun,

You better believe it. We employ punching kicking and not to mention ground fighting techniques techniques that do not exist in many Wing Chun and Wing tsun schools. I repeat I am not saying that mine is better than yours all anything like that. All I am doing is just stating a fact.

Another fact (the price we pay), is that it takes us 8 years of solid training to come to instructor level as opposed to what I believe to be 4-5 years (if not less) in many other Wing Chun schools.

By the way, it is easier look hard and find these techniques if some of the modern "masters" don't take them out for the sake of standardization among other motives.

You are in Arizona I see. Do you happen to train with or know of Augustin Fong (spelling?)? He is very well respected by many WC practioners including myself.

Ovine king, the line of Wing Chun I practice goes back to Yuen Kay San and others. It does not have a special name and it is called Wing Chun Kuen.

KungFuMan

Only time and commitment will make your Traditional "style" good and give you real knowledge.

"Marry" your chosen system as opposed to just flirting with it.

Make it your partner for life and you will see how well and how complete it really is.

No I do not or have I ever trained with Augustine Fong he is down Tucson way I am over 200 miles north of that.

I will agree that many do not know what is in their WC. Many believe that all that is there is what they have been shown. Many water it down for the sake of standardizing and attracting students. And you are right, all of the things you mentioned are in WC you just have to find them. Unless of course your punches and kicks break principle then they are no longer WC. To many think they need to add ground fighting to WC but it is there. It is simply a matter of applying those principles to the ground and getting down there and exploring.

Wing Chun Kuen Alliance