Wing Chun and Wing Tsun differences.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you done the obvious thing and checked in google?

that way you will have more specific questions.

anyway.

the short answer is that wing tsun is a trademarked name used by a certain sifu under the yip man lineage.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

Some people believe that WT is a more simplified version WC which itself has been simplified by many modern "masters". The reason behind this alleged simplification seems to have more to do with standardization for commercial purposes than with improvements.

KungFuMan

Only time and commitment will make your Traditional "style" good and give you real knowledge.

"Marry" your chosen system as opposed to just flirting with it.

Make it your partner for life and you will see how well and how complete it really is.

Simplified? Hell no

I only know Wing Tsun.. I "think" it is more aggresive than WC. Grandmaster Leung Ting perfectionised the style.

If you follow Wing Tsun, you kow for certain you aren't dealing with some mc-dojo... while everyone can say "Hi, there I am a WIng chun Sifu, you can't do that with Wing Tsun... For your technieker grades all Europeans have to go to Germany for their gradings.

A lot of special police units have adopted Wing Tsun( SEK in Germany...). It is a realistic combat system.. I am also a police officer, (no special unit) and I believe WIng Tsun made my work safer.

not everyone can say they are a wing chun sifu.

to say so involves proof and in the case of wing chun, it is normally easy to prove whether or not someone is legit or not.

it doesn't make a difference as this is true for all styles.

to say so requires proof.

to prove, you ask people.

you can claim to be a direct student of yip man and are therefore a wing chun sifu but you still need to prove it.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

have you done the obvious thing and checked in google?

Yes I have.

I "think" it is more aggresive than WC.

Thats my impression too.

A lot of special police units have adopted Wing Tsun( SEK in Germany...). It is a realistic combat system.. I am also a police officer, (no special unit) and I believe WIng Tsun made my work safer.

Yes, theres some police officers studying WT here in Denmark too.

Im not interested in the history of the style. What I want to know is, what tekniques WC has that WT doesnt have? What it would mean for my skills, if I picked WT instead of WC?