• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Having a bad MA day..

vertigo

I sparred with this one kid, and he loved to throw kicks at face height that used the sole of the foot. Problem was he had a family of verrucas and callouses on his feet, so I was very diligent in making sure those kicks didn't connect.

I also remember sparring this one individual in Taekwondo. He had a background in Kickboxing, possibly Muay Thai, as his stance was very squared. He throw a kick, and I stepped back, and use this resistance created from the step-back to spring forward and throw an axe kick. It wasnt meant to hit him, but my foot got caught in his football t-shirt, and ended up getting tangled (how, I do not know). I spent 5 mins hopping up and down, while he tried to de-lace my foot from his shirt. In the end, he managed to pull my foot out of his shirt, he was even kind enough to give it back to me.

Perfect Practice makes Perfect.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sparring with someone in TKD and i fell over backwards while doing a push kick, 3 seconds after i got up i made the exact same mistake 2 more times. :P

- Hogosha

Finish your kata with a strong stance, but since you are training outside there happens a slight breeze which hits your ear in the perfect way applying pressure to your inner ear which knocks your balance off.. and you fall over. Sensei happens to notice that goof up.. and teases the crap out of you for the rest of the class... renaming you "Butterfly" because you fluttered with the breeze.

I had something simlar happen. How about when your instructor is in a funny mood, and he notices a "mess-up" that you did, and picks on you the rest of the class. He has been in a "relaxed" mood lately but yet harder on us about technique. So when we get a technique wrong, he picks on us. The whole class just cracks up laughing. He picks a "victim" every class it seems. But it's all in fun, though.

Laurie F

You're testing, and in the middle of a 2-man form. Your partner's fist gets caught under your gi top when you turn, pulling him with you. It would look rather awkward if this partner was anybody but your brother. LOL. That was just today. :lol:

You're grappling and you get pantsed.

OMg..... that's happened 2 me 3 separate time... :o It's so embarrassing it's not even funny! And the WHOLE DOJO knows about it the next day, even the people aren't in your classes. :x

Worst thing yet: When you're trying to train really hard in class while being caught in a love -- not triangle, but -- pentagon. 4 guys are trying to impress you all at the same time....... not fun. :x

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?