• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

is there any form of martial arts focusing on only weapons??

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

filipino stick fighting - kalia, escrima, arnis...

there are japanese sword arts - various styles of kendo and iado.

I've heard that there are chinese schools which focus on the jian, but I don't know of any.

Kali(eskrima, or arnis) is great plus thier open hand techniques are great tools as well.

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

my school closed down before i could get as far into my kali training as i would have liked, but don't you eventually lose the sticks and knives? i mean, at super advanced stages, don't you retain the techniques and lose the weapons, keeping the basic principles and applications, or something to that end? i think i read something like that somewhere. i always had enough fun stick fighting, myself :D

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

kali is good because for me personaly i like to do it faced paced and i execute it fluently .

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

my school closed down before i could get as far into my kali training as i would have liked, but don't you eventually lose the sticks and knives? i mean, at super advanced stages, don't you retain the techniques and lose the weapons, keeping the basic principles and applications, or something to that end? i think i read something like that somewhere. i always had enough fun stick fighting, myself :D

yeah, in kali you work backward, compared to most arts. You begin with weapons training and eventually progress to empty hand. When kali was created, EVERYONE carried sticks and knives, so you needed to be able to fight with them.

filipino stick fighting - kalia, escrima, arnis...

there are japanese sword arts - various styles of kendo and iado.

I've heard that there are chinese schools which focus on the jian, but I don't know of any.

The FMA's have empty hand too. So they actually don't only focus on weapons.

Gruhn

https://www.durattan.com ~ "THE MOST DURABLE RATTAN STAND-IN"