• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wing Chun, Tang Soo Do or Muay Thai for street fighting?

What would you choose?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose?

• Tang Soo Do
    • Wing Chun
    • Muay Thai

I would have to say muay thai out of all of those because its more of a free form fighting style. Street fights are free form and anything goes so if you know how to throw a punch in that kind of a situation it...or a shin kick to the head for that matter it would help alot. But i would also say BJJ would be even better than muay thai for 1 on 1 fighting...because alot of fights end up being on the ground.

Black belt? Yes i have a black belt but that belt only covers 2 inches of my butt. The rest i got to cover on my own.

Royce Gracie - Jiu-jitsu master

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think MT would be better than WC due to the devestating punches and kicks. Am I missing something?

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• 3 weeks later...

All of them are fine for steet fighting I think. I go for Wing Chun coz I don't know enough BJJ or TSD to say otherwice. It comes down to the fighter too, dosn't it?

If the first lesson was a failure, then you know that skydiving isn't for you!

well beang that I take tandsoodo i would have to say tsd.here is way

1 tsd teaches you stand up grapling joint locks selfdefince and wepions forms

2. Part of tsd your do contunios contact no light sparing also you reagurly do 1-1 2-1 and 3-1 spariing.This give you real expirance agenst multiple atakers.

3.Inturnal energy with proper breathing you can jab with the same force good thia fighter can trough a hook.

Thean i would defintly go with mt over wc.MT fighters are tough as nailes.also there also used to realistic situatios in there training.not to mention devistaing kickes knees and elbows

well beang that I take tandsoodo i would have to say tsd.here is way

1 tsd teaches you stand up grapling joint locks selfdefince and wepions forms

2. Part of tsd your do contunios contact no light sparing also you reagurly do 1-1 2-1 and 3-1 spariing.This give you real expirance agenst multiple atakers.

3.Inturnal energy with proper breathing you can jab with the same force good thia fighter can trough a hook.

Thean i would defintly go with mt over wc.MT fighters are tough as nailes.also there also used to realistic situatios in there training.not to mention devistaing kickes knees and elbows

wing chun has all the stuff you mentioned for tsd,some sysstems even have grappling.also Wing chun is made for close qurters wich is real good in some situations.I'm not saying tsd is bad,don't get me wrong a tsd fighter will hold their own,but I'm just pointing out stuff about wing chun
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

I would say this i have seen only a few wc schools.So i cant commint on the art in a whole.But froum what i seen there sparring was just not in a practical since.It was 2 guys sanding face to face doing hand drill grabing and countirng.I dint see any grapling or movement just standing and hands .But as i said I have only seen 3 wc schools.

I would say this i have seen only a few wc schools.So i cant commint on the art in a whole.But froum what i seen there sparring was just not in a practical since.It was 2 guys sanding face to face doing hand drill grabing and countirng.I dint see any grapling or movement just standing and hands .But as i said I have only seen 3 wc schools.
are u sure they were sparring?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Styles never matter in a street fight...

It's all about basics and fighter. Street fighting is best with the KISS idea.

In the end... you're looking at kick and punch.

I don't care if Muay Thai methods are more strenious because a Wing Chun guy can train just as hard if he chooses too. That is the practioners resposibility to train well.