• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Proper Challenge Protocol

1. You have TERRIBLE ref's if they allow that sort of contact in a tournament...or is that allowed?

2. To get out of the match, just tell the center ref you concede (give up) or forfeit the match.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Generally, at tourneys I've been to here in the UK, only named coaches/instructors are allowed to question/challange decisions. A lot of competitions require you to write on the entry form the name of your instructor, so that they know who is allowed to do the complaining. Students can sometimes question decisions too - but only after the tourney is over.

If it is a serious complaint then you have to set your complaint in writing - which can land you with a fine from the English Karate Governing Body if they find the complaint to be false.

As for getting out of a match, just tell the centre ref that you wish to concede - tell them why too.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Okay, thank you. And no, it's technically not allowed, but because I didn't fall down, I didn't show how much it hurt on my face, I didn't say a word, I couldn't do much. Mom knew something was wrong from the way I could barely walk in a straight line. It was for the youth championship, but still....he was wearing handguards, and I had headgear on, so for me to get a concussion was really rather unacceptable....Sensei, and the rest of the dojo, actually, is furious. I don't think Sensei is letting any of us go there again. Nor, for that matter, do I think I'm allowed to go to tournament without Sensei. (that being Mom's rule, I do believe.)

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu