• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

teaching other students

Kumite King

I'm slowly learning how to teach other students at karate but some just refuse to listen to me and mess around anyone got any advice?

Do not think that you have to win, think rather that you do not have to lose.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I Have Advice You May Choose To Follow, May Not.

James, I've Trained With You And I Think Maybe Your Disiple Level Should Go Up. I Mean You Teach Me Alot But You Don't Seem To GHave Alot Of Disipline When I Mess Around. They Will Listen To You More If They Don't Think Of You As A Softy But More As A Teacher

(Thats Why Most Students Mess Arround For S.Dan Because He Doesn't Like Shouting)

So. Your Already A Great Teacher But Get Your Disiplinwe Level Up And You Will Be PERFECT!! :karate:

Dear God,

Please Have Mercy On My Apponents

Because I Wont.

Not your problem. Teach the kids who want to be taught. Ask those who prevent others from learning to leave.

I kinda agree. There are two students at my school, who either refuse to learn correctly and their parents force them to go, or they are just plain lazy.

I'm a coach at my school (coaching is a requirement for red belt). I tried my hardest to get one girl to do what she was supposed to, but she just plain out refuses. I gave up on her.

There is another kid that was lazy. I gave up on him, till recently. I think he is making a turn for the better. He just needed a little "push" to get going.

The best thing to do is try to help them. If they refuse, tell your instructor the problem.

EDIT: CompactDinnerFork, you do have a point. Showing some disipline helps. Show them that you are not a push-over. But I don't agree with the shouting thing. You can be strict without shouting.

Edited by karatekid1975

Laurie F

I Don't Mean All THe Time, I Mean Add A Bit More Disipline. You Only Shout If They Mess Around, Anyway You Don't Need To Shout. Tell Them To Stop It And See WHat They Say. If They Carry On Tell Them Again And If THey Mess Around Again ... THEN SHOUT!! :lol:

Dear God,

Please Have Mercy On My Apponents

Because I Wont.

CompactDinnerFork, don't start every word with a capital, it's really hard to read.

And yeah, you're not the teacher, you just help in class so I wouldn't think it would be your problem if someone isn't interested. And I can't even understand why someone would be there if he has no intrest, except if they are kids and their parents forced them.

Anyway, a slap to the face always gets the attention.

- Musse

"Be careful: The toes you step on today may be connected to the * you'll be kissing tomorrow"