• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

karate against weapons

mudoshin

I will certainly admit that it can, and does, work in some cases. My only issue with using it is the relatively small percentage of people and situations in which it will probably be successful.

As with any combination of aggressor / defender, there is always the element of chance. Anyone can be beaten, it is simply a matter of the myriad of variables falling into place.

Can a crescent kick strike with sufficient force to cause a person to drop a knife? Yes, some can. Can a person kick fast enough to land a crescent kick before an aggressor can recognize the threat and react? Yes, some can. In both cases, though, there is a fairly high possibility of failure. Should a failure occur, I see some very real chances of extreme consequences. As such, I would not rely on it, for my own defense, unless I could find no better options. I am certain that there are many who are better at this technique than I am, and they would have a much better chance of applying it with success.

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."

M.A.S.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only issue with using it is the relatively small percentage of people and situations in which it will probably be successful.

I agree!

I always tell people that the best technique when facing someone with a knife is to run!!

What works works