• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keys to a stronger punch.

not really. Isometrics only build strength in the position which you are holding the contraction - not the full range of a motion, as there is no motion. that's really not conducive to "functional" muscle strength...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SevenStar, what about dynamic tensions/flowing isometrics? I have recently purchased a book about this, and am currently taking some time off weights to practice flowing isometrics. Most people never heard of this, but I'm going to hold on for a little while and see the results.

Hey hasn't anyone heard of stone fist before?

iron fist/palm, etc. can be beneficial, but are not necessary. I wouldn't call them keys to a strong punch. Tyson, foreman, dempsey, etc. All these guys did was punch a heavy bag.

SevenStar, what about dynamic tensions/flowing isometrics? I have recently purchased a book about this, and am currently taking some time off weights to practice flowing isometrics. Most people never heard of this, but I'm going to hold on for a little while and see the results.

are you referring to the book "dynamic strength" by harry wong? I've got that book as well. it's got some good stuff in it, but you will get MUCH stronger on a weight training program.

I'm not saying you won't see results - only that you will see better results with weights, and that isometrics aren't necessary for a strong punch. I like several of the exercises in that book.