• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

fat guy

I've been kicked in the groin in a fight and didn't feel it until afterward. I know several others who have had the same experience. groin shots aren't always the finishers that people think they are, consequently, I don't advocate them as a means of quick self defense. I agree with the rest of your post though.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at 17 im the youngest guy in nearly every one of my classes, being the youngest im also usually the smallest and i have found that technique really comes into play when you are dealing with a big guy.

another thought- start pumping iron like crazy and get just as strong as the big guy.

Fist visible Strike invisible

The First step should be don't underestimate someones strength or speed by physical appearance. I've seen plenty of big guys that are surprisingly fast.

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

How would body hits stand up on the fat guy. Will all that fat offer any protection?

I guess one way to find out is to get really fat and give it a try, I'd rather not tho.

Skinny guy has speed and less target.

Depends on what kind of fight

Tournament- easy

Street - hard, better move

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• 2 weeks later...

How would body hits stand up on the fat guy. Will all that fat offer any protection?

I guess one way to find out is to get really fat and give it a try, I'd rather not tho.

I guess that fat we're talkin about is the fat arround the waist and belly .. it will sure offer some protection , by the way i once gained about 20 pounds in 1 month , hell , it was dicusting , any way it gives you more protection against thinner guys , but i had much trouble defeating simillar guys , and that was in a tournament , not street fight , figure it out .... :D SUB

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Something about obese fighters is the weak knees. If you are truly fighting one, they are a good target. There is so much weight on them that a good kick to the upper thigh or kneecap will put him on the ground very quickly; and most likely to stay.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu