• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Side and Swing kicks

I am having the MOST trouble in checking, parrying, and blocking sidekicks and roundhouse or sweep kicks. Any suggestions? I tried the two-handed check, the forearm check, everything I can think of.

Fortunately for you, I brought an entire bucket of STFU!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm pretty much aware that kicks like those are the suck if you don't defend. HOW to defend it is my question... not what happens IF i don't defend.

In general sidekicks are aimed for the chest or midsection and roundhouse kicks to the head. Sweep kick, I hope you know where that one is aimed.

Yeah, I don't even consider it a struggle. Snap kics? Psh. Easy stuff. Jump kicks? Whoever does jumpkicks is really stupid. Back kicks? Piece of cake. But sidekicks and roundhouse kicks, not to mention the sweep, THEY kill me. I found that of all the things I tried, the two-handed check works best, but even that I can only do liek 1 out of four times. I suck at defending kicks. If abyone DOES know something about defending kicks, PLEASE PLEASE tell me.

For kicks there are many many defenses . I'm about 60% kicker 40% puncher. I love to kick, but I also love to learn how to defend them. One thing you can do is simply slide back, the kick has to come back at them sometime doesn't it? Well, when they snap their kick back to them follow that leg back and hit them, or give them a kick of your own. Personally, I love roundhouses, beause when they come at my, I simply swing the kick away and shoot in with a haito (ridge hand) or a richen uchi (back fist strike).

Edited by 1kickKO