• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If it were to happen...

SiluntSoul

Those of you that take karate, and are still in school. Im not planning on this or anything, but if you had no other choice, and were in a fight at school (usually let the other person attack first) what technique would you use first? I would probably use some normal kumite wazas, but if the person was seriously trying to do damage and hurt me, i would probably use a shulte palm strike to the nose, or kick to the knee. but you never want to use those unless you have to

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dude, you are in school, with people around, block and move until security or a teacher breaks it up. Trust me, if you act in self-defense and mess someone up badly, you will be the one the cops haul away.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

Well if you have no other choice, don't get too fancy...if you can close them up, slam them to the ground, and hold them there until somebody breaks it up, but if you have no ground-fighting game, then if I were you I would also go for a palm to the nose, or just a straight punch to the nose. Or...always hit the windpipe...then when they bend over knee 'em.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on what grade your in, it's different

Try to pin them until a teacher comes, that's what I did in 3rd grade, I grabbed the guys leg when he tried to kick me and just held on to it. You can use a sweep and take him down, then run.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Dude, you are in school, with people around, block and move until security or a teacher breaks it up. Trust me, if you act in self-defense and mess someone up badly, you will be the one the cops haul away.

Agreed. Fighting is always the last option. Kicking knees, etc can be far to excessive for a stupid school fight. You want to risk crippling some idiot because he thinks he's tougher than you with words? Would that make you the big man then?

1kickKO........Or...always hit the windpipe...then when they bend over knee 'em.

Oh yeah...this is REALLY smart advice! Why not tell him to gouge out the guys eyes? Crush his balls to dust? Rip his heart out of his chest? SHOOT HIM!!!

:roll:

*shaking my head here* :evil: We're talking a school fight here people...over some stupid verbal exchange...NOT a life or death street fight!

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I wouldnt advise the windpipe thing in this particular situation. You cant give someone there life back after you take it. Striking his throat would ruin two lives his and yours, not worth it. Plenty of other good advise listed above, choose wisely.

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Even though you hold a sword over my heart I will not give up."

Blast him in the stomach, preferrably the solarplexus. No broken bones, a little wind knocked out, and no permanent damage.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

use teh shreddar!1!11!!

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

First of all if you are pre-planning what kind of techniques you would use in a real fight, you know nothing about fighting.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

First of all if you are pre-planning what kind of techniques you would use in a real fight, you know nothing about fighting.

A good point.. there is no way you will know what your opponent would do, so how can you think what you will?

I have to agree with some of the other points above... a solar plexus strike would be reasonable, just knock their wind out... I also strongly agree with staying away from a potentially lethal strike (i.e. neck). If this is in school, the odds of a fight hitting life or death intensity are as close to zero as possible.. there will always be people/teachers/security around to break it up if it would even remotely approach this point.

If you found yourself in a school fight, I'd say stick to attacks that deal out non-permanent damage (i.e. solar plexus, knocks wind out)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot