• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FLIPS AND HANDSPRINGS!!! ??? !!!......

15-lisa-newbie

My master is a 2nd degree black belt andknows alot about karate... i want to know does every blackbelt know how to do handsprings and flips and things?? because i really want to learn them but im not sure he knows how to teach me.. and i would feel stupid if i asked andhe didnt know.

"you wouldnt care what people thought of you, if you knew how seldom they really did."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Um...I can do flips and handsprings, but thats only because I have a freind thats a gymnast...Most likely your master probably hasn't learned that kind of thing from his Martial training. If you wanna learn that kind of stuff, join gymnastics or get a freind like mine... :D

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

Um...I can do flips and handsprings, but thats only because I have a freind thats a gymnast...Most likely your master probably hasn't learned that kind of thing from his Martial training. If you wanna learn that kind of stuff, join gymnastics or get a freind like mine... :D

Agreed. 30 years in the martial arts and an instructor since 1978, and I've never done a flip or handspring yet. Oh...I guess I've made OTHER people do a few flips...but not what you're talking about.

Join gymnastics if that's what interests you, as it has no "practical" application in the martial arts.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

My master is a 2nd degree black belt andknows alot about karate... i want to know does every blackbelt know how to do handsprings and flips and things?? because i really want to learn them but im not sure he knows how to teach me.. and i would feel stupid if i asked andhe didnt know.

Its Karate, not Kung Fu...I have never seen flips, spins and handsprings in Karate. The only styles I have seen with these types of acrobatics are Ninjitsu, Kung Fu and Capoiera.