• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

beginner just feelin stupid... help me with pronunciation..

15-lisa-newbie

I just joined karate here at a little dojo a little while ago, im al white belt and my Master is always asking us questions.. and i almost always know the answers but i pronounce them wrong and feel stupid.. so how do you pronounce karate words.. anything can help! :D :D

"you wouldnt care what people thought of you, if you knew how seldom they really did."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What karate words are you having trouble with? I'm sure everyone here will help out but could you be more specific?Also, there is a karate forum on this site that you might try and post this same question on.

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

thanks! these are great!!! :D .. but how do you say "yes" because my master makes us say it when we bow and i forget.. and does anyone know what "skeet" means?? my master says it after we meditate.. and i dont know what it means.. thanks!!!

"you wouldnt care what people thought of you, if you knew how seldom they really did."

Got some suggestions. I speak Japanese and have dual citizenship(that was irrelevant)

If you know how it's spelled

English Japanese

A Ah

E Eh

I EE

O Oh

U OO

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

That's the english letter then the Japanese pronuciation.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• 3 weeks later...
thanks! these are great!!! :D .. but how do you say "yes" because my master makes us say it when we bow and i forget.. and does anyone know what "skeet" means?? my master says it after we meditate.. and i dont know what it means.. thanks!!!

"skeet"... although not spelled that way I think... means attention? at least thats what is expected.