• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what cage or face mask to put over my karate head gear

matbla

:) :-? :roll: help!!!!!!! please

what it the easyiest to put over my foam padded xl head gear?

1)cage to put over head gear?

2)face mask over head gear?

3)what is the price and where to get it

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Never really used the clear plastic shield one, so wouldn't know how much it would fog up, or how easy it would fog up.

I've used the cage one, and they seem to work better..at least no fog factor :D

Since I got rid of my full face headgear, I keep the cage in the storage closet ;)

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I purchased headgear with large black face bars on it and have since removed them because of the huge low blind spot it created.

My head gear still has padding across the chin and really surrounds my head well but does not protect my nose.

The protection on my jaw has taken the jolt of some pretty direct shots pretty well.

I started a thread about this some time ago when I was considering what to get. The gear I wound up with is what a lot of students now use at our dojo but I really do not like the bars.

On the other hand due to how much I sweat I am not sure a plastic face shield would not be a fog up problem.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

We use them for scenario fighting and for sparring. They restrict the vision all right but don't seem to fog much. But that's ok because it simulates the periferal blindness caused by adrenaline! :)

I'm not a big sparring person, so I don't use all that headgear. But I just had a question out of curiosity.

Do you all actually like those head cages and things like that? It seems like it could be pretty dangerous to the other guy. You might mess up your hand pretty bad if it gets stuck on the other person's head cage.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Do you all actually like those head cages and things like that? It seems like it could be pretty dangerous to the other guy. You might mess up your hand pretty bad if it gets stuck on the other person's head cage.

The cage I had was more like a football set of bars than a cage so might not be the same as what you are asking. even with a face cage you are not allowed hard hitting to the face area, so this is not really and issue.

Mine is like the one at this link

http://www.storeofmartialarts.com/db/store/hgg.html?id=vYHNum62

As I mentioned I removed the face guard now.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

Thanks for the response. I have seen them in use before, but I still think it is more dangerous for the other practitioner. Of course you're not supposed to hit in the face, but if that never happened, they wouldn't have the cage there now, would they?

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

i remember once, my friend grabbed onto the cage and used it to pull head about....

they're good as far as i've experienced, as they let you take full on (and give full on) face shots, which is good in terms of wing chun training but it does give you a false sense of what 'hurts' and how much you can take.

bear in mind we don't always use the head gear.

sometimes we just use the gloves and if we bleed, we just try to make sure not to get it everywhere.

it's good to get hit properly once in while.

i think.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.