Whoa this smells fishy!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy might be a prodigy, but I would have troubles if my head instructor was the same age as me.... That'd just be weird.... :roll:

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, 'It is well, it is well with my soul.'

The guy might be a prodigy, but I would have troubles if my head instructor was the same age as me.... That'd just be weird.... :roll:

*ahem* I really the to say this, but I have a gi and obi (belt) that has more time in the dojo than he does in training.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I'm not too sure if would go and learn from him. He may have the motions down, but there is something to say about wisdom and age. Martial arts is not just about the Skills, its about the journey... this kid's journey is about as long as my driveway... and thats short.

Strength is no match for skill

Does the site mention even one style in which he partakes? There doesn't seem to be much backup info there. Can anyone verify that this kid is an actual champion/in the hall of fame?

Even if so...there is soo much wrong with a fifteen year old head instructor (and he started at TWELVE). Theres no way that he can have all techniques of any actual style down pat yet, and theres no way he has the proper experience, knowledge, good judgement, or control to be a sensei!

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

Not to brag, but my parents opened up a small school in this town a long time ago, and i was the Head Instructor - the only Instructor. My dad is a Black Belt, but didn't have the time to teach the classes, so he managed the place and I taught. It did quite well and no adults had a problem learning from me. I had many years of experience by then.

My point is: Just because he is young, doesn't disqualify him from being a good Instructor. Based on this website - without actually attending a class - I would say that he is all talk.

Most people that brag that much on a website without any real information are usually full of themselves with no justification. I love how the style listed is 'TKD Tai Kwon Do'.

Sure he is a 'world champion' in musical forms and creative weapons, but what does that have to do with teaching a class, unless that class is based soley on these things.

Flexibility

If your flexibility is good, you will be able to perform harder, fancier kicks or gymnastic moves. I don't think there is anything more exciting than watching someone throw a kick straight up with good execution and power.

this is just crazy. thanks for the good read.