• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Weight Issues

I wish I was shorter so just ONCE somebody would try to do that to me.

You have never had someone even attempt a jump kick to your head? How tall are you?

In my style of TKD, it's a 3 point kick, so it's worth learning to do well. Connecting a jump spin kick in competition is a thing of beauty!!

--

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"In my style of TKD, it's a 3 point kick, so it's worth learning to do well. Connecting a jump spin kick in competition is a thing of beauty!!"

in TKD being the key words there. i don't bash on jump kicks, i know a lot of them myself. and the UFC people can't even bash on them, as there was a KO by a jump kick to the head in UFC 49. still, chances are it's not your best bet. rairly do you want both feet off the ground, since it's easy to just get bowled over. plus they telegraph a lot and you're extremely vulnerable when you're landing. they're great in point sparring, but other forms of sparring and street fighting are a different kind of game.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

in TKD being the key words there. i don't bash on jump kicks, i know a lot of them myself. and the UFC people can't even bash on them, as there was a KO by a jump kick to the head in UFC 49. still, chances are it's not your best bet. rairly do you want both feet off the ground, since it's easy to just get bowled over. plus they telegraph a lot and you're extremely vulnerable when you're landing. they're great in point sparring, but other forms of sparring and street fighting are a different kind of game.

Of course I'm not referring to street fighting, I would never attempt a jump kick or even a head kick in that situation. The original post was about sparring someone tall, and my answer was meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek.

I do, however, teach my students to use jump kicks properly in sparring. Most importantly, how to disguise them so that their opponent doesn't see it coming, and also how to land properly, and to execute an effective follow-up attack.

--

u don't want to gain weight u want to gain muscule by lifting weights and use your head to batte this guy as sone as he's done his attack conter attack use you speed as a advantege tire him out and thats when u attack good luck

• 2 weeks later...