• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Weight Issues

I am a blue belt in Tkd- and i defeated a black belt in sparring when i was a green belt.... that's the good news.

The bad news...how do you spar a 6'5 man while you are a pity 5'4 woman that can get easily defeated by this guy.

And how do you gain weight fast. I weighted 105 pounds. But my power is larger than that! Help...I need to gain it fast. :-?

Life is a book, you have to read it to achieve it- invent your own novel

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

are we talking about sparring or fighting? what are the rules, if any? If we're talking about self-defense, I'd go with chin jabs and repeated knees to the groin until they bend over, then elbows and hammerfists to the back of the head.

a small person has a few advantages they can choose to take advantage of. someone much taller than you is going to try and exploit their reach, and is going to probably presume that you are going to be too timid to enter that range. some of the best fighters i've seen just come in and charge the bigger guy and force them backwards and constantly strike... front kick, reverse punch, punch, punch punch, kick... like a freight train.

You don't need to gain weight fast, you need to build explosive muscles and speed. Strength will come. Squats by the hundreds, footwork drills to do circles around those big oafs, and an agressive forward drive are your tools. You want to move like Spiderman. :)

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

Foot work ! Attack on angles . When training with large people I have found that speedy foot work puts me in the right position to attack. Keep in mind that their reach is an advantage because they can cover greater ranges but when they extend to the full range they have a longer recoil and recovery time . Just a split second and speed varies from person to person but if you are in the right place at the right time a split second is enough to press your advantage . Does that make sense ? Hope it helps.

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

Squats by the hundreds, footwork drills to do circles around those big oafs, and an agressive forward drive are your tools. You want to move like Spiderman. :)

Hey now...I resemble...I mean resent that remark! :brow:

And this is the first time in my life (making the calendar here) that I've EVER heard a woman say she WANTS to gain weight! What the heck for? As TM said, make muscle..not just weight. Personally, I think squats kill your knees...might want to check on that before you go to crazy with them. And SpiderWOMAN I think would be more appropriate...right? 5'4" and 105...you'd look GREAT in that getup! :brow:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Me too!!! I've Never met a woman who anted to weigh more...

Anyway, do not try to gain more weight than your frame should carry. At 5' 4" and 105 lbs,... I'd say you are at ideal weight,... perhaps 2-4 lbs under,... but not enough to make a difference. Don't attempt to gain more. You could put your metabolism into a spiral...

Master Jason Powlette

5th Dan, Tang Soo Do

--Tang Soo!!!

Stay light and just jump kick him in the head!

I wish I was shorter so just ONCE somebody would try to do that to me. :brow:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"