knocking sense into a person!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was ridiculous. If that happened to most people I know, the instructor's windows would be broken and his car would be trashed. That's sooo wrong!

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

That's unnacceptable and irresponsable for an instructor to behave that way.

What would he have done had the student been a child or teenager? Would he still have had him beaten up?

It's bad enough to think that he wanted the guy to be "taught a lesson" in that way, but even worse to think that he gor his own students to do his 'dirty work' for him.

I find it sad that the other students went along with the beating. Good for you Pineapple for not going along with the rest and joining in the "lesson".

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

wow... this is crazy... I have never heard of anything like this before. I agree 100% with most of you, this was completely unacceptable.

and good job pineapple for not participating and leaving behind this ridiculous behavior.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

Yeah that kind of behaviour is totally uncalled for, and in no way, shape, or form should have happened at all, and there is no justification for it. If he wanted to teach him a lesson then he could have done it another way. Karate is a way of life, and what kind of example is the instructor setting ot the rest of his students? If somebody disagrees with you beat the living crap out of them? nuh uh...that kind of stuff doesn't float my boat.

How do you deal with a student who criticizes your technique?

Wow! First of all, I don't know about you, but I would never publicly say anything negative about my Sensai, assistant instructor, or another student. Don't the students know that isn't their place? Questions and criticisms are to be handled privately at my dojo. I've never even seen it done publicly.

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein

Asking "why" a technique works or is performed in a certain way is always allowed during class. (Apologies for not being clear.)

You can use the same words and ask two different questions. Asking questions for the purpose of learning and making yourself better is allowed. Asking questions for the purpose of criticizing or creating conflict is not allowed. (The internet does a very poor job of translating tone and inflection.)

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein