kataman

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by fighting you mean sparring, then kata, although I haven't really learned how to spar. Right now, though, kata is my absolute favourite thing to work on in the dojo.

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

Kata is my absolute favorite thing in the world. I love to look at bunkai for what you're doing in a kata.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Well i've just learned my first kata and my sparring basically consists of me flapping my arms and legs about tryin not to get hit and waiting for sensei to shout 'yamae' :lol:

Kata for me. The good thing is when i forget the moves i just search about the net and find them :D

'The cat taught the tiger everything he knows. One day the tiger turned on the cat and the cat ran up a tree. That was the one thing the cat never taught the tiger.'

Please explain the differance between "kata" and "fighting." Afterall, kata is fighting.

What do you think?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."