• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what uniform & sparing gear do you use

I'm jealous that some of you have black gi/doboks. I want one (insert little girl voice begging for it hehehehe). But my sensei said I can buy black pants for Jujitsu WHOOHOOO!

What is it with us Tae Kwon Do folks. We're so starved for color that a black uniform excites us to no end. :D The Okinawan folks I train w/ now wear black. I just bought a few Century canvas uniforms. I'm like a kid at Christmas... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. I have to agree Iceman. We TKD folks need color hehehehehe. Seriously, though. I like the black pant thing, because I'm female (training on my "monthly" can get "color" in a white dobok LOL).

To stay on Topic, I think those black pants would come with the Proforce logo ;) hehehehe (I hope I can find seperate pants).

Laurie F

my karate gi is a dragon inc (I think) heavy weight canvas, my judo/jiu jitsu gi is an ikon single weave. I use century shin pads and mouthguard but FIST inc hands and feet.

Do or Do Not, There is No Try

- Yoda

I like the nice clean, simple look of an all-white gi or dobok. The last school I studied at we had red sripes down the pants for those under 2nd degree (including color belts) and the BB's wore a top with red/blue panels until 3rd degree . 2nd Degree BB's wore the "red pants of power" and then a red top to match at 3rd degree. It was a nice visual cue to who was who but I still prefer the crisp look of white. My current school allows certified instructors to wear black pants but it is not required so I don't.

Laurie, we wear all white in JuJitsu (sorry!)-with a black hakama. Professor Mike will sometimes wear a black top though.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

we wear either a black gi or gi pants with a black or white shirt and i wished we had protective gear for sparring lol

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

Oh you scared me there for a minute, Heidi. Sheesh! LOL. Sensei Mike said I could :P hehehehehe

I also like the white uniforms. But TSD had cool BB uniforms that looked sharp (I thought). White tops with black trim, and black pants. I liked it a lot (but never got that far to get one myself). They also let 3rd gups and above wear all black doboks (optional) if they wanted. Not many people did, though.

Laurie F

Usually a Century canvas uniform & a very old belt. I have Macho hand pads (when I do point) Reyes 16 oz boxing gloves when kickboxing. Macho boots & Ringside shin guards. A dentist made mouth piece! Ringside cup! :D

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

I have four gi's one kamikaze Europa, One Hirota, one Adidas master gi, and one kamikaze Dynamic. for sparring gear I use Adidas mitts one red pair and one blue pair both WKF approved.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

My gi is a medium weight size 4 from pro force (white..till brown belt then its black..thank goodness..ill be excited)..my chest protector is kwon, my shin and insteps pads are from proforce also, my helmet is from Proforce (pro force lightning), and my gloves are kwon

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com