• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My background is I.T.F. I have been doing W.T.F for 2 years. Before getting into the W.T.F, I had a lot of critisisms about their sparring. I agreed with a lot of people, that W.T.F sparring is limited. My views have now changed. I think it's unrealistic to compare the W.T.F and I.T.F with each other. They are two complete martial arts. Although the roots of both styles are the same, the W.T.F and I.T.F have evolved into a completely different styles. By trying to compare the W.T.F and I.T.F it's like trying to compare hap ki do and tang soo do. My point is it's ignorance that drives people to critisize the W.T.F. You really can't judge or tell what W.T.F sparring is like, until you actually try it. W.T.F sparring may look like two guys just kicking. There's more than that. Punches may not be involved which allows W.T.F fighters to be more creative with their feet. W.T.F fighters are very good with manipulating the distance, evading, and countering. W.T.F fighters have AWESOME foot work. Weight is placed on the front leg, to create quick momentum forward. I'm not saying either style is better than the other. Sparring is just different. The I.T.F will use front leg attacks and then follow up with punches. I.T.F stylists will block more than W.T.F stylists, whereas W.T.F fighters relay on their foot work to manipulate the distance.

I'm just saying, each style has it's own philosophy of fighting. I love both. Trying to compare the two styles, is just plain ignorance.

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My background is I.T.F. I have been doing W.T.F for 2 years. Before getting into the W.T.F, I had a lot of critisisms about their sparring. I agreed with a lot of people, that W.T.F sparring is limited. My views have now changed. I think it's unrealistic to compare the W.T.F and I.T.F with each other. They are two complete martial arts. Although the roots of both styles are the same, the W.T.F and I.T.F have evolved into a completely different styles. By trying to compare the W.T.F and I.T.F it's like trying to compare hap ki do and tang soo do. My point is it's ignorance that drives people to critisize the W.T.F. You really can't judge or tell what W.T.F sparring is like, until you actually try it. W.T.F sparring may look like two guys just kicking. There's more than that. Punches may not be involved which allows W.T.F fighters to be more creative with their feet. W.T.F fighters are very good with manipulating the distance, evading, and countering. W.T.F fighters have AWESOME foot work. Weight is placed on the front leg, to create quick momentum forward. I'm not saying either style is better than the other. Sparring is just different. The I.T.F will use front leg attacks and then follow up with punches. I.T.F stylists will block more than W.T.F stylists, whereas W.T.F fighters relay on their foot work to manipulate the distance.

I'm just saying, each style has it's own philosophy of fighting. I love both. Trying to compare the two styles without actually trying them out, is just plain ignorance.

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

For people who say WTF sucks,may you receve 5 time what you wish for us.If don´t like our sparring don´t watch it.

But personaly i think your criticism of the WTF is no diferent of the criticism some of other MA say about TKD and not olny WTF or ITF TKD.