• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, if you are on the ground, a trick from my wrestling days would be a somersault IF they've thrown there legs in or are high on you. Other than that, there's a sit-out and turn, or a switch, these are all mat work techniques not really somthing you wanna do on concrete, but good for tournaments. If you don't know what im talking about, get a hold of me and I'll try to explain in greater detail.

"As you train, so shall you fight." - SWAT saying

"Hit first, hit hard, and hit continuously." -My Dad

"If it looks like a fight, start it." -My Dad

"Don't wait for an opening, make it happen." -My HS Wrestling Coach

Im assuming you mean the person is attacking your turtle and doesnt have his hooks in with back control. Simply doing a forward roll usually allows you to get back to the guard position, but its more difficult than it sounds- there are ways for him to take your back if you roll, or flatten you out to get side control.

All the other counters I've seen depend on how the guy is attacking you- I'd say rolling out is the more common escape.

Depends on the situation. Does he have the rear choke going for him? Is he attempting it? If so, grab his forearms, roll forward and then tuck your chin. Make sure he can't lock on that choke.

Then shift your hips to get his left leg between your legs (at this point you are both on your backs, he is beneath you) and pull up. If he locks on the hooks, that's even better. Just grab his left leg and tug up towards your chin. As long as he doesn't lock on the choke you just countered it into a knee submission. If he doesn't tap, it's an ACL tear.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness."

-The Book of the Void (A Book of Five Rings)

"Men don't start fights, but they do finish them."

• 3 weeks later...

The switch is a wrestling move that is a very slick and is perfect for when you’re on the ground and someone has your back. There are several variations of the switch including at least one stand up version.

This is the variation that I use the most.

http://www.wrestlingsbest.com/photos/zh40.jpg

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.

The granby kicker escape

http://www.wrestlingsbest.com/photos/zh51.jpg

This escape is new to me, does anyone know this about this move?

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.