• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Running 2 schools

What do you guys think of running two schools for two different martial arts? I don't want to give up either one, yet one of them is very anti-other martial arts, and if I want to stay within the organization so I can continue my learning, to say nothing of giving my students the chance to work with other high level people and be in a large community, then I can't integrate the two. Do you think it would be impossible to keep both up? Right now I am only teaching one, and learning the other. One day I'll have to move away from my current laoshi, though :(. That is going to be a sad day.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It can certainly be done. My old instructor uses the same school building for teaching both Karate as well as Jiu Jitsu, and does both very well. In fact, he's able to incorporate a lot of the teachings from one martial art to another, and encourages cross training.

Thank you both for the encouragement. I'm still a little fearful of the incorporating things from one into the other, as one of my martial arts seems very against that. Then again, perhaps that was just my instructor, as the head of the organization will do things such as bring in Zen Buddhist monks to teach us their style of meditation. Hmmm, time to go make a post in another forum here.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.