horse stance

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you're about to get thrown, for example a shoulder throw, you can slide into a horse stance and drop your weight and most likely you won't get thrown."

um, i wouldn't do that. than all i'd have to do is turn your arm and i have you in an arm bar, or i can keep cranking and flip you over that way. if you're about to get thrown, unless someone has a better idea, i'd say your best option is to go with it and worry about it when you hit the ground.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I've seen the low riding stance used mostly in karate. The way I was taught this stance was with feet a little more than shoulder width and knees slightly bent towards the front such as is pictured on the Kukkiwon site.

http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/eng/image/tkskill/kibon/126_2.jpg

We only use it during punching drills to develop the correct coordination of alternating your hand strikes.and rechambering to the correct position on your belt. The leg strength developed during these drills is more of a bonus. Kind of a two fer.

"One who controls himself is stronger than one who controls others."

uh, maybe our shoulder throws are different, but if i have your arm, i should already be under your hips and have you off balance... grabbing the arm is the last step, you shouldn't be able to just horse stance out of it.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

uh, maybe our shoulder throws are different, but if i have your arm, i should already be under your hips and have you off balance... grabbing the arm is the last step, you shouldn't be able to just horse stance out of it.

Interesting. I thought HRD was close to KSW, and we are almost never under their hip, or have them off balance, before grabbing their arm.

We are typically trapping the arm, getting a lock on the joints, and then stepping in and pulling the arm to get them off balance.

We are also taught to drop our wieght to counter attempted throws (in certain situations) For those of you in KSW, that would be Bahng Too Ki set when you get to brown.

However, to counter 1kickKOs point, if you drop into horse stance, after I have your arm locked properly, you could possibly either dislocate a joint on yourself or allow me to simple take you straight down with the lock. (Depending on which lock is applied)

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.