• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

About Kimè

Night-Dragon

I've been training with a student of Chosin Chibana for about three months now, and I think I'm starting to understand what he's talking about when he refers to kime. He insists that there is kime in the Chibana method of Shorin Ryu (kobayashi). It's not in the Shotokan sense as described by killer miller. I think the main concept of Chibana kime (a term I've just invented) is osae (pressing). Osae is projecting your hara (tanden/dan tien...whatever) toward your opponent. If you've played around with any of the internal arts (tai chi/bagua/hsing-i) it's like being in a state of constant expansion and focusing that expansion forward (sounds pretty cosmic, but I'm trying to tie in my bagua training so cut me some slack). Osae does not stop at your opponent; it goes through your opponent.

...or I could be completely and totally wrong...*shrugs*

Do you know who Chosin Chibana is...?

The Chibana Project:

http://chibanaproject.blogspot.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

so, in the end, I can say that using Kimè is simply focus on the tecnique that I am going to do and do it without tense muscles too much, isn't it?

Smile - Fight - No fear for death - respect the 4 laws of Ki - that's all I think...

I've been training with a student of Chosin Chibana for about three months now, and I think I'm starting to understand what he's talking about when he refers to kime. He insists that there is kime in the Chibana method of Shorin Ryu (kobayashi). It's not in the Shotokan sense as described by killer miller. I think the main concept of Chibana kime (a term I've just invented) is osae (pressing). Osae is projecting your hara (tanden/dan tien...whatever) toward your opponent. If you've played around with any of the internal arts (tai chi/bagua/hsing-i) it's like being in a state of constant expansion and focusing that expansion forward (sounds pretty cosmic, but I'm trying to tie in my bagua training so cut me some slack). Osae does not stop at your opponent; it goes through your opponent.

...or I could be completely and totally wrong...*shrugs*

Well ,this is also my concept of kime and I have only trained in shotokan !

I have seen people in other shotokan groups that emphasise too much in kime ,this gives them a false sense of security and power , therefore lose fluidity and speed ,

Kime to me is all the above and blending in together all factors of your technique to the right proportion . :)

never give up !

You guys are talking about two different concepts. Kime refers to your "focal" point. Moving "though" your opponent is another concept altogether - which we worked on and stressed heavily. Whether you move through your oponent or not, you still have to determine a focal point and that's where Kime comes in. However, moving though your oponent can be a mental concept as well as a physical concept. There's another term for the concept of moving though - although the term escapes me at the moment...

- Killer -

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

Well ,of course you have to bring all that together at one point inside your opponent body for a split second to shock the body but the tension is for a very short instance ,just like stances for example .All the basic training in stances are to allow you to deploy the right stance at a given time and an advance trainer move with fluidity and speed between diferrent stances and his kime will almost be invisible to an untrained eye .when you see two 4th dans sparring ,if they don't wear karate gi's ,you could hardly tell what kind of combat art they are doing ,Infact it would look like a street fight at times!

never give up !