• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Couples in martial arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Could never get her to try it. She's always been a "Beauty Queen", and she's worried about pain in her joints.

However, here's a very successful couple, that i have the honor of studying under.

http://www.taekwondotimes.com/images/cp067.gif

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

My wife and I run our studio together...

Frankly it would be much harder to deal with our personal lives if she didn't train.

It makes it so that we have one very central thing in our lives in common, and probably makes our bond stronger.

I can't imagine why it would have any negative impact, though, other than maybe making us ridiculously busy, but again, that would be worse if we didn't do it together.

I don't want my wife to train with me.

Having interests separate from each other allows a little break and time to ourselves.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

My sensei owns his dojo, and his wife, a 4th degree BB, teaches kata class on saturdays (all BBs rotate kata class duties), as well as some early afternoon classes, special series, and the cardio karate classes we have 3 days a week. She also runs her own school in the meantime.

My boyfriend doesn't train in MA. He wants to, once his work schedule evens out, but he's not allowed to come to my dojo. He can come watch, but we don't think it's a good idea for us to train together (well, I don't think so, and neither does my sensei). Hopefully he will go to the Aikido school across the street from my dojo. It would be nice though, if he went to another Cuong Nhu school, and then we could practice together at home.

Why not? My boyfriend and I train together. We treat each other like just another student in class, but at home, we actually work on stuff together. I think it helps having a training partner at home.

When I did TSD, I had no one, except my dojang friends (no family). It was hard, cause I was at the dojang all the time trying to learn stuff. Now I have a partner to help at home :)

I think it's much easier.

Laurie F

It's not that we wouldn't want to train together if everything was going swimmingly. In case there were an argument, I would prefer to be able to go there without him and let off some steam. In the event of a break up, it would not be easy for us both to train at the same school. I know I'm not leaving my current dojo. I wouldn't want to force him to leave either, should he like it there. Plus, I already have someone there that I was romantically involved with, and the strain would be a little bit too much :P.

I practice one with my girlfriend, and one without. For the most part it helps. The only "problem" is when she doesn't agree with what we're doing in class. I co-teach with 3 other people (our teacher left, and the 4 highest ranking people, all the same rank, run it together now). Sometimes I am outnumbered with what I feel would be good to do in class on a day, and we do something that I (and she) dislikes. Then she gets annoyed, though she knows its not all my "fault."

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.