• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nick Cerio's Kempo anyone??

ravenzoom

Up here in Canada, especially in the province of Quebec, Nick Cerio's Kenpo is a very popular martial art. I'd like to have some feedback on it. How is it different from other Kenpo schools? Is it street effective? What does it focus on primarily? etc. I've looked all over the forum for some information on this martial art but there seems to be none. Can anyone say something about it. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nick Cerios Kenpo is the real deal. Well known for its street effectiveness, it is a Hawaiin inspired kenpo that is a Kajukenbo derivative. Nick Cerio was a well respected fighter and master.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

It would work quite well with Judo. Kempo is an art that often lacks ground work (from what I've seen here on LI) and the grappling work in Judo would be a great compliment to Cerio's Kenpo.

"To win a fight without fighting, that is the true goal of a martial artist."

-Grandmaster Nick Cerio

I just finished working out with a guy tonight that is working kempo with Jui-Jitsu. Another guy I train with has seven years in Judo and was a high school wrestler. They certainly bring perspective to the workouts. We do groundwork, but these guys bring a new depth. So yes, it would compliment your training IMO.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

i agree with wtKempoStudent, Nick Cerio's Kempo is an effective style. I used to live on Long Island and trained in Franklin Square and in Hicksville. I also believe that it lacks the ground work, although in many of my classes, new ground fighting and grappling techniques were taught to us.

Did you happen to train in Professor Fescina's schools? He has locations in both those places.

"To win a fight without fighting, that is the true goal of a martial artist."

-Grandmaster Nick Cerio