• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is Jackie Chan 5 thugs at a time possibble?

My instructor has fought 6 guys several times and his record is 14 guys. Of course they weren't all in a circle around him. He positioned himself and them so as to split them up. Using positioning and hit and run tactics he was able to defeat them.

His teachers, teacher has fought and won vs 20 guys. However that was on a narrow ship walkway were they could only really come 1 or 2 at a time. He was eventually subdued by a net being thrown over him.

I myself would probably be turned into mince meat in any of these situations.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also believe when your in a handicap fight,your always on defense.I believe offense can leave many open spots.

I'm sorry but I disagree with this statement. It seems to me if your on the defense what are your opponents going to do? Be on the offense. Say your on the offense without mercy? It will be much harder for the average joe to want to attack you if you keep wailing on his friends that get too close. I think being on the defense would do nothing for you, I'm a beliver in relentless attack whether it's 1 guy or 5 guys...

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

• 2 weeks later...

14 or 20 is a definite loss, even the black belts and senseis would struggle, Jackie Chan only could win against those odds..

The cool summer breeze passes me by.

You agree with Chaz. You cannot fight defensively against multiple opponents. You must attack relentlesly and brutally. Never let them get you in the center...keep moving from one to the next.

I think that 5 attackers as in the original post can be handled. I have fought three opponents at the same time and it was not difficult...it worked out just as I had been trained.

I'm sure that your instructors teach you to fight multiple attackers...do what you're taught and it works just fine.

you need the proper mindset for it. check your surroundings and try to only face on person only. it surely is possible though. but very, very hard my friend.

Be everything. Be nothing.

i think that we gotta remembe that jacki chan is an actor, yes his abilities r real but ultimatly he is an actor, and so r the people he is fighting. in a 1:20 fight you only truly fight 1 or 2 people at a time. the whole idea in a multiple attacker fight is to target on person then another but only attacking them one at a time. also manipulate your surroundings, if ther is a wooded ares, direct your attack into it. this will give your attackers more than just you to think about. the uneven ground will be another distraction, buying you more time to place, target and strike your attackers.

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour

i seriously think that some of the stuff i just hurd is bull 20 on 1 no way, i dont know what your instructers did but there is no way you get in 20 on 1 fights and be a stand up guy.

so tell me how did this happen

Fist visible Strike invisible