• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is this tourney taking place?
The tournament is In March (21-22) but i'm training from now until then with Her father....

Make sure your have your GF Video tape the sessions for us (er, ahem) I mean for you to see what you were doing... hehehe...

Remember the Chin and Nose were not designed for blocking techniques...

Ben Kendrick

"The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle..."

You are bumming..... Where do I send the flowers?

"There is a time in every mans education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse,... " Emerson

86years in the making..... Red Sox World Champs.....

Not to say you need it, but I find sparring black belts to be very humbling experiences. Of course, how bad you get pummeled depends directly on how much control the black belt in context has, or possibly how angry you make him before hand.

I think an advantage of fighting with someone much better/bigger than you is that you learn how to take hits. My boyfriend is GIGANTIC-- he's 6'5'' and 320 pounds. I don't even weigh half that. I'm a foot shorter than he is. And have I mentioned how long his arms are? I have to really strategize to get my fists anywhere near him.

Well, anyway, sometimes I make him box with me. No pads, no nothing. We have some rules, open hands for head shots, no throws, etc, but for the most part, I just stand there and get hit. My arms look like my father was a dalmation, and the sight of my tattoos bruising up is an odd one, indeed. But can I keep standing? You betcha. Sometimes in a fight, it'll come down to who can stay up the longest, and not be bothered by the pain.

If you spar with a black belt (one who cares about you), then I'm sure you'll learn how to take plenty of hits!

Good luck. :)

:o That's a big dude, you go girl :D

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

Ok, first off, you can indeed learn something from sparring with people who aren't as good or just as good as you

That aside

You could probably measure your progress by the amount of bruises after each session :lol:

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

Ok, first off, you can indeed learn something from sparring with people who aren't as good or just as good as you

That aside

You could probably measure your progress by the amount of bruises after each session :lol:

Just curious Sir, what style do you train in? :D

Best regards,

Jack Makinson