• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tattoos

Souldburned

How many tatts is that now Aefibird?

There's a guy at my dojo who has literally only just got his 9th kyu, who within a few weeks of joining got the club's logo tattooed on the inside of his arm. Seems a bit reckless to me!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omigosh! Well... let's hope he doesn't end up regretting it later. *wince* Oh, man... I don't want to judge but that DOES seem reckless. If he really wanted something that showed he practiced MA, perhaps it would have been a bit better to get the actual MA style tattooed, not the club's logo. Who knows? What if the club closes later in the future?

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• 1 month later...
How many tatts is that now Aefibird?

I'm up to 6 now. I'm still working on the design for my next piece.

There's a guy at my dojo who has literally only just got his 9th kyu, who within a few weeks of joining got the club's logo tattooed on the inside of his arm. Seems a bit reckless to me!

Yes, very reckless, especially if the club closes or he quits. That's why for my MA tatt I purposely didn't have the club logo. Plus, I'd been training for about 3 & 1/2 - 4 years whan I got mine done.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

It would be cool if those who have tatoos could post some pictures of them to give the rest of us some inspiration :)

Extraordinary abilities can only come from extraordinary effort

Ah, I will soon - I promise! :)

I'm gonna get some pics done of all my tatts and post them up here.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 15 of them, the only ones that really hurt were my chest. inside of my right bicep and elbow. Everyone has a different level of pain tolerance. Some people can barely handle their arms getting done, for me the arms were nothing.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

HOw long after getting your tattoo's did you wait to get back into training? A few days?

A few hours for me, actually. But I am widely known for doing things which should probably be avoided.

36 styles of danger