• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is your belt?

Souldburned

Brown belt (1st Kyu) - for just over a year now but noved country last summer so may not get my chance to take black belt. Still training by myself and teaching what I have learnt in school as part of the curriculum.

I feel I am still developing and can wait for my chance to get a black belt in my style of another. Karate is on going and you are forever learning things about it.

Belts are important when you are in a club, to show rank and for others to look up to the higher grades and want to aspire to that - they are an incentive for those who are learning. Black belt is still my incentive but my individual learning of the martial art is my incentive now as I don't have a club here where I live.

My style is Seki Juku.

'Karate is a set of beliefs and practices that are never grasped in their totality and that generate more knowledge and more practices' Krug (2001)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! My original post is no longer valid! I'm finally an orange belt!!!!! Finally!!!! 5 months, 5 months of waiting....sheesh. Now, when can I test for blue, I wonder? I already know the kata I need for that, and almost all the terminology....heh.....many more months, I think.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Black as the darkness that covers the pit of my soul :evil: ...Sorry, just watched a South Park ep. on goths and feeling a little sardonic.

Shodan - Shorin-Ryu Shorinkan (July 2004)

Edit: If you read Shorin Ryuu's blog, check out his article on Evil Lite .

Do you know who Chosin Chibana is...?

The Chibana Project:

http://chibanaproject.blogspot.com

Haha! My original post is no longer valid! I'm finally an orange belt!!!!! Finally!!!! 5 months, 5 months of waiting....sheesh. Now, when can I test for blue, I wonder? I already know the kata I need for that, and almost all the terminology....heh.....many more months, I think.
Anxious are we?

Anyway: Black belt-Shodan in White Tiger Kempo (Maybe testing for Nidan in June, getting ready for that :D )

"To win a fight without fighting, that is the true goal of a martial artist."

-Grandmaster Nick Cerio

Shotokan

JC Penny, $3.99 LOL

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I'm a green belt, and I'd be testing later on tonight if I didn't miss about 4 months since the last Shiai.

Getting married and breaking a toe will do that, though. ;) :)

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke